Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The spaces in between

Currently Reading: Interview with the Vampire

Reader,
Has it been two weeks already?  I'm sorry.  Time goes by so much faster when you're employed.

Today I'd  love to talk about the spaces in between writing.  Slate had an interesting article a few weeks ago about the quiet hell of 10 years of novel writing which struck a chord with me.  I also have berated myself every day I don't write, worrying that I may never get published.  It's been nearly two months and I've only written a few pages worth of material.  I don't want to give up hope, but my spirits sink low every day that I don't write.

Sufficed to say- this article gave me hope.  I don't wish 10 years of hell on anyone, but it did let me know I am not alone, and it is possible to get the ideas I have out on paper.

Speaking of which, I am participating in this contest, which I encourage any writers out there to also try.  I'm currently behind my own schedule for it, I was supposed to be finished with a first draft today while I'm just starting, but I'm hopeful that I will make it before the contest closes.

How do you deal with disappointment in yourself when you don't accomplish a goal?
Feel free to share experiences similar to  Susanna Daniel's or my own.
Are there any other fun contests you want to suggest? 

Until next time,
Rose 

No comments:

Post a Comment