Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Announcement: New Blog Feature!

Reader,

New Feature! 

Starting Friday I will be adding another feature to the blog- book reviews!  These reviews will be comprised of five parts: why I started reading the book, why I finished the book, what I took out of the book as a writer, a brief introduction to character and plot, and who I'd recommend it to (both specifically and generally). 

Readers familiar with the web comic, Unshelved, will recognize I've adapted their Friday review format.  When I first read their reviews I loved the way that they focused on the reasons they started to read the book, and the reasons they finished it.  As a writer those things are important to take note of.  I also wanted to take a look at specific things a writer might find interesting/useful in the book.

Quick notes on Advertizing:

Amazon: With the addition of the new book reviews feature, I'm hoping some readers will be interested enough in the book to want to buy it.  If a book I review catches your eye and you are thinking of buying it- why not buy it from the link I provide?  I get a small referral fee for an item you were planning on buying anyways.  The same goes for any other Amazon link.  Please note, purchase must be made from link provided for me to earn the referral fee.

Google Ads: If you enjoy the blog, and want to help support it in a quick, easy way, click the small Google advert on the right sidebar.  It takes just a few seconds, and I get a small portion of the advertising fee from Google.

EntreCard: Readers who visit the page regularly might have noticed the addition of a new item to the sidebar- EntreCard.  EntreCard is a free community/service to help advertise your blog/webpage.  It's hard to explain briefly, but basically it allows users to advertise on blogs within the community, and support other community members.  Feel free to check out the advertisement if it catches your eye. 

EntreCard Users:  When dropping your card, why not take an extra second to click the Google ad directly above?  In support of the community I always click one Google Advert with each Drop.


Until next time,
Rose 

No comments:

Post a Comment